Monday, August 13, 2007

To be or not to be.....

Kiva has not called, maybe will never call:-( However got a call from a headhunter regarding another job I applied long before this blog started. This is a consulting job in Healthcare -familiar line of work, (probably) good pay, with unknown degree of social responsibility.

To be or not to be.... With a potential job looming in the horizon, I am suddenly aware of the many perks of being a housewife. Leisure lunches, drawing lessons, swimming pools, bowling games, boating in Lake Chabot, traveling to fantastic places at moments' notice... the list goes on. The kids' laughter ring in my ears and the pitter patter of their feet fills my heart with gladness. I know I will miss them terribly.

This is one of those times that I wish there were two of me. One keeps chugging along in a world-changing job, while the other enjoys the bliss of spending endless days with children.

Alas, life is all about choices, isn't it? Well today I don't choose. I go to sleep. Tomorrow I will call the headhunter back to discuss next steps, then I will take the kids to Lake Chabot, rent a boat, and feed the ducks. Not having to choose is a luxury, if only for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Priti said...

Hi Nancy,

I like your site, I hope to find my dream job featured here.

Funny you should post Kiva, I looked into working there as well. Like you my dream job would also be philantrophic or environmental in nature.

Have you considered Google, they have a huge philantrophic division.

All the best on your site,
Priti