Friday, August 10, 2007

Cover Letter to Kiva

This is the cover letter I sent to Kiva.org (see my previous blog "Job for thought"). Now that it's sent out I feel that it might not be as sharp as it can be. Should I send them the link to this blog?

*******************************************************************************
Dear friends at Kiva,

I graducated from the full-time MBA program at UC Berkeley in 1998. Since then I have worked in the consulting indutry for many years. The consulting experience provided me with rigorous training in the areas of project mangement, client services, and financial analysis.

A year ago I decided to take a break from working in order to explore opportunities of staring a social enterprise. Micro-financing was among the ideas that I have brainstormed with potential business partners. I was absolutely thrilled to find out about Kiva on NPR. I love the concept of giving the general public a chance to participate in this wonderful and effective way of helping other people. I would love to contribute to the success of KIva in any way I can. Microfinance Partnership coordinator seems to be a great fit with my background and my strengths. However I am open to explore any opportunity to work for or with Kiva becuase I firmly believe in Kiva's business strategy as well as its noble cause.

My life has split almost exactly half and half between China and US. I came to US in 1988 as a twenty-year-old graduate student. I have great professional networks both in China as well as in the Bay Area. I would love to be able to do what I can to contribut to Kiva's further success.

Thank you so much for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Nancy Zhang

2 comments:

bmwshop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bmwshop said...

I think it's a pretty decent cover letter.